Thursday 22 November 2007

Relief at last..........

I finished work at 4am on Sunday morning, got home and went straight to bed, I was up at 945am to get ready to head out the door. At the back of my mind was the thought of the up and coming night shift I was going to have to do later in the day. It was all worth the agony though as for the first time in two months we had some water in the rivers.

Frankie picked me up and we decided to head to North Wales for a limb loosener after our two month forced exile from boating. I've got to admit that I was skeptical of the water reports as we made the journey to Wales, everything looked dry but Frankie showed faith and optimism as we drove to our destination - the Aberglaslyn Gorge. We had decided to bang out a few laps on this classic run to get us back into the swing of things. We had a great day, I just hope we don't have to wait two months again for more of the same.........


The famous Breaker - montage style


A view of the gorge from the take out bridge - a nice medium level


Getting ready to put on the river


Approaching the Breaker, not the most steep section, but probably the chunkiest....


Middle line on the Breaker - just point and shoot


Through the hole and into the eddy at the bottom of the breaker


Eddying out into a rare pool in the gorge


Working through a nice section of boulder garden


Frankie lines up a drop towards the end of the gorge


Frankie up to his armpits

Thanks to Frankie for all the photos. Already looking forward to next time

No comments: